Saturday, September 17, 2011

Second Blog Response

I just realized I complete forgot about this homework ==". My bad for not writing it down. I'll just do this anyways, even if it doesn't count anymore.

How often do you practice?(be honest!) What skills do you practice? How long do you practice? What are your goals for the end of the term? (Be realistic) How do you feel you are progressing? Are you improving? Why or why not?

I practice 5 days a week, each day about 40 minutes, the only two days I don't practice is on Friday and Sunday. I practice fingering skills (Chromatic Scales and some other different type of practice that are similar), Guitar I songs (Next To You, That Should Be Me), my guitar teacher's homework (some classical songs). I really want to be able to skillfully strum all chords for different songs (I still have some chords I can't play) and also maybe barre chords (barre chords probably being the hardest). I do feel like I'm progressing on my tuning skills, my hearings are getting better, because we had tuning practice everyday, which really helped me, since I hardly ever tune at home. Another improvement that I realized was I was being able to switch chords faster when strumming, probably thanks to the practice with my group in Guitar I. I look forward to the rest of the course. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it. I wish we had some time to work on the classical music. You are practicing quite a bit. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr. A, homework's such a time killer these last few weeks and some weeks I just have to narrow down to 3,4 days, and classical music is so hard...(in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete